It usually isn’t difficult to manage your customer and contacts database during the initial phase of running a business, but as your database grows, much of your data gets spread across post-it notes and multiple spreadsheets — leaving a lot of vital info to be swept under the rug. Choosing the right CRM tool for your business as early on as possible is a good way to make sure that all your data is consolidated to streamline database marketing strategies.
With great growth comes great responsibility.
When it comes to organizing your database, a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool is useful and can help you save time and increase productivity. But with so many options with a range of functionality and pricing, what is a business owner to do when they need to choose a CRM tool that works?
Before we answer that, let’s take a look at how CRM tools can benefit your business.
Benefits of a CRM Tool
- Organized Contact Data: A good CRM tool allows organization information about all your contacts in one place so that your team can keep track of who a customer has interacted with and what was discussed. This allows your sales team to execute the sales process efficiently.
- Sales Reporting: Your CRM tool should allow you to track calls, emails, meetings and successful deals so that you can better understand what your team is doing right or wrong. This allows the sales team to track and meet KPIs more effectively.
- Reliable Sales Forecasting: With a CRM tool, you won’t have to rely on Excel formulas and manual calculations. A good tool will help generate a reliable sales funnel for you so that sales forecasting and pipeline management is easy.
- Customer Segmentation: Your CRM tool will allow you to segment your contacts according to different properties such as location, deal amount, conversion potential or close date. This can be helpful both for marketing and business development.
- Scaling: If your sales process is repeatable, this makes room for testing strategies and refining your sale process effectively. The data you collect will allow you to observe sales behaviour patterns to discern if they are working to drive growth or not.
5 Features of a Highly-Effective CRM Tool
- Easily add new contacts to your database in seconds
- Operates on real-time updates of contact, company and deal reports
- Automatically logs sales process activities, eliminating the need for manual data entry
- Allows you to send optimized sales emails quickly and efficiently
- Has a user-friendly interface, making it easy to train your team to use it
So what are some of our favourite CRM tools?
Glad you asked.
- Saleforce is a cloud-based CRM suite offering applications for small, midsize and enterprise organizations
- Hubspot is another cloud-based CRM tool and it offers a free basic tier
- Zoho is much like Hubspot with AI-powered data-processing and social media tracking
- Bitly for shortening URLs and tracking links to and from emails, web pages and social media posts
Give them a go!